What Is Digital Marketing
People’s interaction with websites has increased twice within in a decade, and the way people shop and buy has changed entirely. Connecting with the audience at the right time and at the right place this is what marketing is all about. Today, that means that you need to meet them where they are already spending time on the internet, in short, any form of marketing that exists online.
It’s a medium of promoting your products and services or brands via online one or more forms of electronic media. Digital marketing is an umbrella term for all of your online marketing efforts. Businesses leverage digital channels such as Google search, social media, email, and their websites to connect with their current and prospective customers. From creating a website to online brand promotion digital marketing covers a huge spectrum of tactics and assets that fall under the paradigm of digital marketing, Digital advertising, email marketing, online brochures, social media marketing, Pay per click, search engine optimization and beyond.
The best thing about digital marketing is that we’re able to monitor and track things like what is being viewed, how often and for how long, sales conversions, what content works and doesn’t work, etc.
Quick rundown of some of the most common assets for digital marketing
- Your website
- Blog posts
- Ebooks and whitepapers
- Interactive tools
- Social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Earned online coverage (PR, social media, and reviews)
- Online brochures
- Branding assets (logos, fonts, etc.)
Why Digital Marketing
With the evolution of technology, there’s no denying that the world is rapidly shifting from analog to digital. People are consuming more and more digital content on a daily basis – on mobile phones, laptops, desktop computers at work, and more it is not only a rapidly growing force in the current marketing playing field, it is set to be the future of marketing, and it seems likely that digital marketing will soon be an undisputed media of marketing.
Let us run down through some points why digital marketing is an undisputed champion.
- A cost-efficient marketing strategy: Gone are the days of the notion that Digital Marketing is only for the likes of multinationals and large corporations that have the sufficient resources required to mount an online marketing campaign. With digital marketing, small companies now have the resources to perform sales and marketing processes that were previously available only to large corporations.
- Digital marketing delivers conversions: Business marketing products and services online measure success by the percentage rate of incoming traffic gets converted into leads, subscribers or sales, depending on the intended purposes of your website. Without conversion, all your traffic would mean nothing and all your marketing efforts will simply go to waste.
- Helps In Generating Better Revenue: Higher conversion rates generated by effective digital marketing techniques will deliver loads of profitable benefits for you and your business in terms of better and higher revenues. With better revenue growth expectancy, small and medium enterprises using digital marketing techniques will have better chances of expanding their workforce and business & opening their doors to better, larger and farther reaching markets both locally and abroad.
- Helps In Targeting Prospect Customer: One of the main reasons why digital marketing is taking over traditional marketing channels is the ability to interact with targeted audiences in real time through the internet. A proper engagement in any form with the customer gives a proper insight what your target customer needs.
- Digital Marketing Caters to the Mobile Consumer: Potentially, mobile internet is the next wave of information dissemination and communication channel, brought about by the rapid proliferation of smartphones, tablets, and other internet-enabled devices. there are around 4.5 Billion plus mobile users and India ranks second after China.Undoubtedly, the best time to elevate digital marketing campaigns intended towards mobile consumers, paving the way for them towards achieving better growth and faster expansion.
Career Scope In Digital Marketing
According to a Study made by Direct Marketing Association, Digital Marketing Industry is worth $6.2 Billion! Also, according to E-Marketer, Advertising via mobile phones and tablets has risen by 180 percent i.e. $4 billion. This market is estimated to touch $7.2 Billion soon. This rise is leading to high demand for professionals skilled in Digital Marketing.
Lucrative Career Opportunities:
- Email Marketing Specialist: Responsible for creating and engaging the customers and leads with your brand, many organizations send periodic newsletters, email campaigns, auto responders to its subscribers in order to keep them updated with new products/services added or anything worth sharing. Know More Email Marketing
- SEM /PPC Analyst: As marketing experts, SEM specialists should also have a thorough understanding of marketing principles and be able to apply these to Internet marketing. As a PPC/SEM expert you are supposed to manage PPC (Pay Per Click) keywords,Create Ad Campaign, split Ad groups, refine landing pages, generate reports, provide suggestions for ad copies and graphics etc.
- SEO Analyst: The SEO Manager is responsible for coordinating and implementing SEO & SMO strategies for clients. The correct person will be goal oriented, possess exceptional attention to detail, and have outstanding interpersonal skills. This is a role that is interacting with clients as well as working closely with the company team to make sure that the goals of the client are achieved.
- SMM Manager: A Social Media Manager Job Description is to set goals, track progress, understand exactly where your money is spent and carry through accountability for Return on Investment (ROI).The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
- Mobile Marketing: More and more people are going mobile. Smartphones have become very trendy among all age groups. Mobile marketing provides instant updates, promo offers and information of customers’ interests. A person needs to be a mobile freak to get into mobile marketing.
- Web Analytics: Web Analytics is a very interesting aspect of digital marketing which involves traffic analysis, business, and market research and enhancing the website traffic. For instance, Google Analytics gives a great insight into how your website is working.
- Content Writer: Writers can produce a wide variety of content for The Web, from articles and reviews to game scripts. Most Web content writers are self-employed and work as freelancers. They can often make their own schedules, but they may have to work odd hours to meet the demands of multiple clients. These writers also can have the added pressure of constantly searching for additional writing assignments.
- Inbound Marketing Manager: You will be in charge of attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads for the business, and nurturing those leads to close into customers, the latter of which sales leadership will help you accomplish.
- Blog Manager: Candidates must have a flair and love for writing a comprehensive understanding of the industry, and experience in blogging to achieve business goals. The blogger will be expected to sustain and develop the company’s voice across all blog content.
- Graphic Designer: If your content isn’t designed well, you risk detracting people from reading and enjoying it – even if it’s beautifully written. Graphic designers produce designs that get their clients’ messages across with high visual impact. They work on a huge variety of products, including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity (to give organizations a visual ‘brand’), advertising, exhibitions and displays, and computer games.