May 08, 2018
Troubleshoot For Low CTR
What is a CTR
AdWords Click-Through-Rate (CTR) is one of the most important metrics used in PPC advertising. It’s a ratio which shows how often your ads are being clicked.
CTR = Clicks/Impressions *100
A better CTR means more visitors to your websites & high-Quality Score. Also, it reflects that Ads are relevant to user’s search query. 10% & higher CTR is considered to be very good according to industry standards.
Low CTR can result in low-Quality Scores which in turn means you have to bid higher to reach the top of the page. 3% or less CTR is considered to be low according to the industry standards.
Reasons For Low CTR:
- Poor Ad Position/Ranking.
- Irrelevant Ads.
- Ad Extensions not used or not shown.
- Irrelevant Targeting
How To Increase Low CTR?
Organizing your account serves the right ads to prospective customers & helps you to track the performance of your ads.
• Include locations where you want to show your ads & exclude locations where you don’t.
• Use Advance Location targeting to include Only People who are staying in your targeted locations.
• Use Maximize Clicks in the bidding option to increase your clicks.
• Use Ad Rotation to Optimize for Clicks. AdWords will automatically show high performing ads more often.
• Use Ad scheduling to stop ads from showing on Low CTR times:
AD COPY LEVEL
• Check the relevancy of the search query with the Keywords & Ads.
• The quality of the Ad text- CTA (call to action), Special Offers.
• Enhance your Ad by using extensions – Callouts Extensions, Site links, Review Extensions, Location Extensions, and Call Extensions.
Learn more how to setup Extensions.
• Different Ad Groups should be made for different products & services.
• Make 3 Ads per ad groups which include two Ads using DKI (Dynamic Key Insertion) & one with Brand name in the headlines.
Learn more how to setup DKI
• Search Negative keywords from search Query Report.
• Increase bids on top-performing keywords.
• Decrease bids on keywords with CTR less than 2%
• Pause the keywords with less than 1% CTR & Avg. the position is more than 5